The Garden of Live Flowers
$10.00 – $100.00
"And can all the flowers talk?" whispered Alice. "As well as you can," said the Tiger Lily, "and a great deal louder." "It isn't manners for us to begin, you know," said the Rose, "and I really was wondering when you'd speak!" The Garden of Live Flowers, Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
I really adored this chapter in the book because it seemed too relatable to me. Poor Alice is looking for her way into Wonderland. When she is in the garden she doesn't realize that she is already in Wonderland. That is when she passively says "Oh, Tiger Lily," says Alice, addressing herself to one that was waving gracefully about in the wind, " I wish you could talk!" "We can talk," said the Tiger Lily, "when there is anybody worth talking to".....what a b*tch!! and the Tiger Lily seems to be the queen of them amongst the flowers. They all continue to criticize and point out all of Alice's "flaws" throughout the rest of the chapter. I tried to capture their essence in this piece. A group of haughty bitches that are not very approachable.
* Image title "The Garden of Live Flowers"
* 8x10 inch archival print. Printed on Luster/semi-gloss photo paper.
* The image and paper is Printed on 11x14 inches. Printed on Epson matte photo paper.
* All of my prints are printed on archival quality (will not yellow) luster photo paper. Ink colors last up to 200 years.
* Each print is individually packaged in a clear plastic sleeve and shipped with cardboard to prevent bending in the mail.
5"x7" ($10.00), 8"x10" ($16.00), 11"x14" ($30.00), 10"x13" LE Grayscale Canvas Print ($80.00)