I was born in a small town outside of Buffalo New York. I lived there for about 21 years, until I moved to the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Like most kids, I loved to get messy and use my hands to create anything I wanted. I did not start to experience art until high school. My imagination, music & the beautiful country I lived in all play a role in the fantasy art I create today. I felt the desire to mentally escape & used art as my outlet. My art was dark fantasy based, and in my eyes, displayed a gothic romance. I continued to develop my skills in college where I decided to study art education and art history. In my heart I knew teaching was not for me, but I still needed to experience it to prove to myself that I could fulfill my artistic endeavors to a higher plateau. After teaching elementary and middle school art for 4 years, I left teaching children, but luckily still keep in contact with a few former students. Some of them even visit me at my shows. I have been actively painting, drawing and selling my art for the past 14 years.
My amazing husband, Jeff helps me with so many aspects of my art business. He helps create show displays & really is my “right hand man”. Without Jeff, I would not be as encouraged to be the best that I can be. He not only discusses my art, but feels it, breathes it and thoroughly appreciates what I have to offer.
Jeff does not like everything I create, but that is the beauty of his observation, it is true, to the point, thoughtful and never recited.
My art work has significantly grown over the past few years. You can purchase my artwork on a variety of hand crafted wearable art and also some licensing companies. My art sells world wide & is available in many shops. To find out more about these companies & shops, please visit my Links Page.
There are many artists who inspire and motivate me, dead and alive, known and unknown, that a list would be a waste of time. What I can tell you that I have friends who are artists and are my main and continual forms of inspiration. Tammy Pryce is a dear friend that I met in 2009 at Larry Elmore’s painting class. We can talk about art for hours, offer constructive criticism to each other and generally have a mutual love of art, nature and life. You can usually find us next to each other at most shows causing all kinds of artistic shenanigans. Another dear friend I was fortunate to meet, is Carrie Hawks. She creates brightly colored and whimsical fantasy cats. We also are next to each at most conventions. Fellow fantasy artist Carri Travis also is a dear friend whom she shares her artistic successes, frustrations, ideas & just about anything! Some artists may sound familiar are Gustav Klimnt, Michael Parkes, Edward Muncha, NIN, Tori Amos, Bjork, Lorenna McKennit and Charles de Lint. I love Art Deco/Nouveau era and almost all Asian and Indian Styles.
If you have any questions or comments, please go to her Contact Page.
If you are interested in purchasing artwork or gift items please click on the Shop link above.
- Black & White: Volume 4 2017 Art book Printed by OOSBOOKS.com “Marie Antoinette”, “Ancient Dryad” & “Fractured Beauty”
- Under The Sea 2017 Art book Printed by OOSBOOKS.com “Koi Mermaid” & “Ace of Cups”
- Black & White: Volume 3 2016 Art book Printed by OOSBOOKS.com “Alice”, “Cheshire Cat”, “Dormouse”, “Queen of Hearts” & “Evaki”
- Slither & Scales 2016 Art book Printed by OOSBOOKS.com “9 of Wands”
- 78 Tarot Carnival “9 of Wands”
- 78 Tarot Nautical “Ace of Cups”
- 78 Tarot “5 of Swords”
- Art Wanted 2011 Calendar “Waiting For the Dawn”
- Art Wanted 2010 Calendar “Dreaming In A Sea of Leaves”
- 2019 Lutz Arts & Crafts Festival – Judge’s Choice Award
- 2017 Necronomicon Art Show: 1st Place “Conjuring Companions”, 2nd Place “Ancient Dryad” & 3rd Place “Mr. Caterpillar”- Best Black & White
- 2016 Necronomicon Art Show: 3rd Place Best Black & White “Dormouse”
- 2015 Necronomicon Art Show: 2nd Place Best Color “Maleficent”
- 2015 Necronomicon Art Show: 3rd Place Best Black & White “Cheshire Cat”
- 2014 Necronomicon Art Show: 1st Place Best Color “Maleficent”
- 2013 Necronomicon Art Show: 3rd Place Best Color “Duet 1”
- 2012 Necronomicon Art Show: 2nd Place Best Black & White “Mad Hatter”